Skip to main content

Thought I had found it, a love that was real and true

Thought I had found it, a love that was real and true
 Like a fool it was stripped from me to leave me feeling blue
 Never will I give my heart again, for it hurts too bad
 Never will I give freely from a heart that’s now too sad

 The doorway to my heart is now forever closed
 Hardened by what’s unknown to me, from the heartless blows
 Never will I open it again, for doing so only caused pain
 Never will I give my heart so freely to another again

 To hell with dreams that are not shared, to hell with love at all
 All I received when giving it was feeling two feet small
 I’ll never understand just what was done to make my heart bleed,
 But if it had been true love, it would have been all that I need
 Goodbye to love.....

SHERRI GIBSON

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To my dear mother